Save The Date
Justice For Murdered Children's Four Day Festival and Carnival
October 31-November 3
Ports O'Call Village, San Pedro, CA
Thursday, Oct 31, Halloween
4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Carnival rides at a discount and Candy Give Away
Friday, Nov 1, Opening Ceremony
6:00 pm-8:00 pm
A remembrance service for the murdered victims with reading of victim’s names, candle light ceremony, music and guest speakers
Saturday, Nov 2, BBQ Cook Off
Law enforcement, community and politicians will compete
Music and Food
Sunday, Nov 3, Charity Car and Bike show
Details | Registration
Murdered Children Billboards
Our Mission is to reduce the
number homicides, reduce the number of unsolved homicides and to assist families
that have lost loved-ones to homicide.
- We provide additional eyes and ears for
law enforcement in the fight against homicide.
- We educate ourselves and the public
on ways to help policymakers, community leaders and the criminal justice
system become more-effective and responsive to the needs of homicide
victims and their families.
- We assist and support the families
of murder victims and the witnesses through the criminal justice system.
- We offer monthly support group meetings
for the families of murder victims.
- We offer daily counseling with licensed
therapists to families of murder victims.
- We assist families through the victim-rights
- We assist with burial expenses.
- We refer survivors to the appropriate
social agencies as needed.
- Educate ourselves & the public
- Educate youth, communities and all
citizens about criminal activities within their community.
- Educate the community about how
to inform law enforcement of criminal activities in their neighborhood.
- Educate youth on how not to become victims of violence.
- Offer resolutions concerning social
issues that have an impact on homicide, i.e. drugs, poverty &
founded in 1996 by LaWanda Hawkins when her only child, Reggie was murdered.
LaWanda, along with other parents who had lost children to homicide discovered
that their cases were going unsolved and that they had been left out of the
criminal justice process. Together they felt the need to form Justice
For Murdered Children.